It’s been a year in the making and much longer in the planning, so we’re thrilled that our super new gym is now being widely used by our students and staff and the Tauranga community.
Here’s a few facts about our state-of-the-art sports complex:
- Its floor area totals 2,553m2
- It’s architecturally designed by Babbage Consultants and built by Hawkins Construction.
- It took a little over a year to build
- It’s made of pre-cast concrete and polished concrete block
- It has a Herculean floor with 25% shock absorption, so it’s suitable for anything from basketball to musical productions
- It has room for 500 spectators
- It’s remarkable for its simple, aesthetically pleasing design and multi-purpose functionality
- It’s already in use by rhythmic gymnastics, taekwondo and yoga community groups and Ricki Herbert Football Academy (for Futsal)
- It will have an onsite physiotherapist available for consultations open to the community
- It houses a yoga and fitness area, weight-training room, full kitchen facilities, three classrooms and much more
MP for Bay of Plenty Todd Muller will be officially opening the sports complex later this month, but meantime there’s no doubt it’s already getting a great workout!
You can find out more about hiring our gym for sports and community events here: https://tauranga.acgedu.com/about/location-facilities/sports-complex/